Sorry for the long delay between updates, but this has been a very busy time for the Circles Committee so here is quite a big update.
The headline points are:
- We have managed to secure funding.
- We have appointed a manager.
- Branded crockery was ordered and has now arrived.
- Final items are being ordered.
The great news is that we have now managed to secure all the funding we need to open.
We had been having issues locating sources of revenue funding to pay for staff to open the doors, as most grant opportunities are for capital items.
Our final funding comes from four separate funding applications.
- Capital grant money to be used for purchasing the till, computer and other fixed items was granted by Croudace from the Section 106 money that was originally granted to NHDC from the building of Great Ashby to be used for community facilities.
- Revenue grant from the Great Ashby Community Council towards our costs for staff and initial stock.
- Revenue grant from the NHDC Southern Rural Committee again towards our costs for staffing and stock.
- Revenue grant from the Rural Grants Fund; the final sum towards our staffing costs.
Several months ago we put together some job spec’s and contacted a few local agencies that specialised in catering.
Once we were reasonably sure we had funding to be able to employ a manager to run Circles on behalf of GACCMA, we started interviewing.
We are pleased to announce that we have appointed a manager, Liann, who started on 1st March. She will now start to finalise all the other things we need to do to open, including recruiting the baristas and any other staff needed.
A more complete and formal introduction from Liann will hopefully be coming soon.
Yesterday a pallet load of crockery arrived printed with our Circles logo. Pictures to follow shortly.
Other bit and bobs
The EPOS system (a till to most people!) has been ordered.
We still need to finish organising Food Hygiene certificates, telephone lines, wifi and a whole host of other things.
The end is in sight however and we should be open some time in March, further updates due soon.
Watch this space!